Admission to Campus Middle School for Girls generally requires:
- Performance at or above grade level in all academic subjects;
- A willingness to work; and
- Social and emotional maturity to work successfully in the CMS environment with teachers and parent volunteers.
Admissions packets for the 2018-19 school year will be posted on this page in January 2018. If you wish to inquire about admission for the 2017-18 year, please call the office at 217-344-8279.
Application materials include:
- Applicant information sheet
- Student questionnaire
- Parent questionnaire
- Two Teacher recommendations (at least one from a current or last year's teacher)
- Photocopy of report cards from the current year and last year
- Photocopy of standardized test results (most recent test results)
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Scheduled student visit and parent interview
In all cases, CMS retains the right to determine, at its sole discretion, whether to select or re-enroll a student for admission.
Interested families seeking financial assistance should contact the Executive Director by the admissions deadline. All financial aid information will be kept confidential.
Campus Middle School strives to meet the educational needs of its student population to the best of its ability. Student needs are individually assessed and proper measures are sought to help each girl succeed. CMS is a small school, however, and is not equipped to handle severe learning or social/emotional needs.
Campus Middle School admits academically qualified girls of any religion, race, color and national or ethnic origin and grants them the rights to all privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies, employment policies, admission policies, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. CMS seeks a diverse community of qualified students.